My city : Yumbel
As
I write in the first entry of this blog, I was born and raised in Yumbel, a
small town in the province of Bio Bio, eighth region of our country. Today I want to tell you about my hometown, reviewing
some of its history, culture and landscapes.
My
city originates from the founding of Fort San Felipe of Austria in 1585, but it
is the March 16, 1781, after 7 foundations, when Yumbel is granted the title of
city.
According
to the latest census, Yumbel has 20,498 inhabitants, They found mostly in the
urban area. Although the population is concentrated in urban radio, there are
many rural towns like Tomeco, La Aguada, Rere, Rio Claro, Saltos de Laja, where
most of the inhabitants of the commune develop activities associated with
agriculture and tourism.
These
rural areas are places where traditions are still grown, festivities and
traditional custom of the Chilean countryside, and especially Yumbel, which
give a stamp and identity to the commune, It is places of Chilean intangible
heritage preservation.
You
are cordially invited to meet my beloved city, Yumbel.




No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario